One of the best-located places on earth, Georgia is a country located in the Eurasia. Named after King Geoge II of Great Britain, it is in the Caucasus region of Eurasia at the juncture of Eastern Europe and Western Asia, surrounded by Russia, Turkey, Azerbaijan, and Armenia. In the west, Georgia is lined by the Black Sea and the enticing country hosts a total population of 3.72 million. While the country covers an area of 67900 km sq., the religion of Georgia is primarily dominated by Georgian Orthodox and Russian Orthodox.
The Transcontinental Country, Georgia is the home of the Voronya Cave, the deepest cave in the world. The capital of Georgia is Tbilisi (Georgian Meaning – Warm) and Kartvelebi is the group of the ethnic Georgians. The profession of Wine Making is the oldest and predominant tradition of Georgia and the country is also known for the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Sites like Bagrati Cathedral, Gelati Monastery, and Upper Svaneti.
Things to Do in Georgia
Georgia offers an excellent time for every kind of tourists and travelers. The Georgia Tourism extracts out the outlandish beauty of the country and the wide variety of Georgia Tour Packages are suited for all types of tourists. The best things to do in Georgia are as follows:
- Sulphur Bath – Though in the recent times, Sulphur Baths are catching some eyes, but this activity prevailed in the country since in 19th century. Fancied by famous writers like Tolstoy and Pushkin, the best of health giving Sulphur Bath can be experienced in Tbilisi.
- Trekking – The Tusheti National Park, included in all Georgia Tour Packages is an ideal place to trek, hike and sink in the marvelous beauty of nature.
- Horse Riding – Georgia Tourism will go incomplete if you fail to indulge in a horse riding session. Numerous special breeds of Horses are available for a thrilling horse ride.
- Birdwatching – Birdwatching is extremely famous in Georgia as it witnesses over 360 species of Birds. The spring and autumn are the best seasons to witness the most beautiful migratory birds.
- Wine Tasting – Georgia Tourism has always produced exciting activities, and wine tasting is certainly one of them. Taking the help of the Georgia Tour Packages make sure to visit the Kakheti province to taste the best wines of the country.
Places to visit in Georgia
Georgia Tourism gets extremely exciting with every passing day. Right from your arrival till you leave the country, the food and wine you get to taste in here are superb in every aspect.
You will be welcomed with a bottle of wine right in the Airport and the journey from there gets better and better. Most of the Georgia Tour Packages offers incredible dining options but these are the best dishes you must try in Georgia:-
- Khachapuri Adrajuli – You cannot be allergic to Cheese while you indulge in the best dish of Georgia. The Khachapuri Adrajuli is a blend of high carb and dairy where you get to eat a bread filled with cheese and raw egg in excess. The butter, sulguni cheese, and the egg make the bread taste outstanding in every sense.
- Churchkhela is equally eye catching and tasty. It is a result of patience and perseverance and the final product tastes amazing in every way. High on nutrition, it is a combination of concentrated grape juice poured over walnuts for a long time.
- Kinkhali – The Georgian Soup Dumpling tastes extremely good and if you wish to taste the best, judge the Kinkhali by the number of folds it has.
- Ajapsandali stands out strong among the wide variety of ratatouille served in most of Europe and the Middle East. It is spicy and the vegetables are roasted to perfection.
- Lobio – Kidney Beans might look unsatisfactory to the eyes but this preparation of dried marigold, vinegar, chilies, cilantro, and fried onions makes it a dish to relish.
- Mtsvadi is the barbecue preparation of Georgia where the meat is cooked over an open flame on a stick and it does taste awesome.
- The Udabno Monastery offering stupendous views of the grassy plains of Azerbaijan also contain incredible frescoes painted back in the 10th and 13th century.
- The Stalin Museum is a dive into the history that still holds the same contents as it had back in 1957.
- Vardizia is a cave city in Georgia which is a must visit to extract best of culture and heritage out of Georgia Tourism.
- Svetitskhoveli Cathedral reflects upon the ecstatic Georgian Church Architecture that prevailed in the 11th Century.
- Tsminda Sameba Church is located above Kazbegi and the bewildering setting with the picturesque beauty of the Mt. Kazbek in the backdrop is extremely alluring. Almost every Georgia Tour Packages constitutes of a visit to this 14th-century church.
- The Batumi Boulevard is a park strip in front of the main beach and is quite a relaxing place to be in.
- The Narikala Fortress takes one back to the architecture of 4th century and the thrilling cable car ride to reach the destination is certainly an activity to try.
Georgia is well known for the enchanting places one can visit in the country. Most of the Georgia Tour Packages take the tourists to the most outstanding locations in the country. By visiting these amazing places, you’ll realize the same about Georgia Tourism.